Pretoria Boys High School is a traditional boys school located on an 85-acre campus southeast of the city centre.
Established in 1901, it is one of the oldest schools in the province. With an enrolment of around 1500 pupils, it is the largest boys’ school in South Africa. The school prides itself on maintaining exceptional standards and this is illustrated through our ethos of holistic education based on the fundamental pillars of a full academic, cultural, and sporting programme.
Strategy & approach
The systems that have been installed at Pretoria Boys High School comprises a fully integrated design of sound, audio-visual and stage lighting system managed under a centralised control system
The system is made up of the following subsystems:
- Crestron Control System
- Sound Reinforcement System – JBL, Crown, BSS
- AV Presentation System – Extron video distribution, NEC projection
- Stage Lighting System – Strand & Chauvet
One of the primary design objectives of the system is a simplified operator approach as many of those operating the system is relatively non-technical. Crestron Control enables the user to select one of two modes.
- Automatic Mode – Using pre-configure pre-sets to run the system for every-day use.
- Manual Mode – Typically used for Productions, Venue hires applications or any event where there are performing artists etc.
The system is also able to accommodate online functions eg. Online Lessons, conferencing etc
- Video and video conferencing